Slots have always been popular due their simplicity and the fact that you don’t need to learn complicated rules or strategies. Tournaments certainly up the excitement and as well as standing to win a cash prize, you also win the title of tournament champion! A great attraction for especially those competitive souls among us.
Depending on the rules of the particular game, there are often prizes for the runners up too. Almost all online gambling sites offer slots tournaments and you are able to play with others in real time and even live chat with other players.
What are Slots Tournaments?
Playing NZD Casinos and slots tournaments is a competition against other players for a set time limit with a set amount of credits. For example, 100 credits and 20 minutes play time. Credits are not reinvested, but listed separately, so you only play your initially allocated credits. The player with the highest winnings (points or coins) wins the tournament and the prize.
There is usually a set buy in which forms the prize, but casinos may also offer free tournaments as promotions or a form of loyalty reward. The set buy in appeals to many players as you can control your spend in advance.
Important Tips For Playing Slots Tournaments
Ultimately a game of luck, but there are a few strategies you need to know. Speed and focus are the most important. Be sure to begin a tournament fresh and well rested and avoid any distractions. As time is limited, you need to be fast to ensure you get as many spins as possible in the allotted time.
Keep your finger on the spin button to tap lightly and repeatedly for highest efficiency. It’s wise to bet the maximum because any credits you don’t use, you lose. And bet all paylines. If you stick to these basics, you stand just as much chance of winning as even experienced players, so tonight may be your night!
Types of Slots Tournaments
There are a few different types of tournaments, some are paid, some free. Some start immediately and some at a set time and others include elimination rounds to keep things interesting. Be sure to find out the rules of the particular game you’d like to buy into in advance, so you know how things work.
- Buy In Tournaments – the buy in of all players accumulates to form the winning pot. The casino may keep a percentage
- Freeroll Tournaments – the promotional offer or welcome bonus may include lower prizes or offer free spins as reward, but at least they don’t cost you anything and you get to have plenty of fun nonetheless
- VIP Tournaments – as the name suggest, only for VIP’s
- Scheduled Tournaments – start at a specific time
- Instant Tournaments – these don’t start at a specific time, but rather once the seats are taken, which can happen quite quickly.
- Short/Long Term Tournaments – these can last from a one off 20 minute game, to a series of playing sessions over the course of a month.